Archifdy Ceredigion Archives
Acc. 3287Ref: LIB/80Reference
: [GB0212] LIB/80Date(s)
: 10 itemsScope and Content
: Exhibition panels received from the Library, showing then & now photographs of Aberystwyth. All are captioned in Welsh only.
1. Bridge Street and the town clock 19th c. and 1992; Great Darkgate Street c. 1880 and 1992
2. Tobacconist, Terrace Road, 19th c. and 1992; Corner of Alexandra Road and Terrace Road, 19th c. and 1992
3. Gwalia Garage, North Parade in early 20th cent. and same site in 1992; North Parade and Terrace road corner, late 19th c. and 1992.
4. Pier Street c. 1900 and 1992; the Pier and Craiglais c. 1895 and 1992
5. Wesleyan chapel, Bath Street - the old building and its 1991 replacement; Baker Street 1890s and 1992
6. Aberystwyth Fire Brigade at the Fire Station, Park Avenue 1899 and outside the Town Hall in 1928; The burnt Palladium Cinema, Market Street in 1935 and the Fire Brigade and their equipment (group photo in a field) in 1941
7. The Old College and the Pier 1895 and 1992; The Old College 1895 and 1992
8. Aberystwyth station of the Rheidol railway, early 20th c and same site (Maesyrafon) in 1992; The harbour, 1926 and 1992
9. The 1885 Old College fire; Aberystwyth Fire Brigade leading a procession during visit by the German Emperor and the Prince of Wales in 1891; the Fire Brigade in action 1895; the Fire Brigade outside the fire station, 1918.
10. Aberystwyth seafront looking south, c. 1960 and 1992; The Prom looking north c. 1895 and 1992.
Ceredigion Archives - 40 years of preserving the past for the future - and counting