Tudalen Hafan / Home Page

Archifdy Ceredigion Archives
SCHOOL RECORDS



NB. Admissions registers and log books are closed for 100 years. Other school records are closed to the public for 30 years after the date at which they were made.

Acc. Various


Ref: LDB 

LLANDDEWI BREFI British, Board, Council School

The 1905 report states that the school, a provided, mixed school, was erected in 1874. There was accommodation for 230. There were 182 on the books in 1904 and average attendance was 154. 

School Records

Log books
8 March 1869-29 November 1900 – LDB/1
3 December 1900-23 September 1921 – LDB/2
30 September 1921-21 October 1983 – LDB/3

Register of admission, progress and withdrawal
1876-1962 – LDB/R/1

Folders containing inspectors' annual reports, schedules, annual returns, agreements with pupil teachers, notices of examinations, etc., 1899-1926 – LDB/X/1

School Board Records

Llanddewi Brefi United District

Minute book
5 March 1874-24 September 1904 153a

Cash books
1874-1899 153bl
1899-1904 153b

County Council Records

School brochure, 1983 DYC/ED/4

Questionnaire dated 1920 giving details of the school and its catchment area, with the headmaster’s opinions on local education, employment prospects and other local issues. CDC/ED/30, no. 88



Ceredigion Archives - 40 years of preserving the past for the future - and counting
Admin