Tudalen Hafan / Home Page

Archifdy Ceredigion Archives
SCHOOL RECORDS



NB. Admissions registers and log books are closed for 100 years. Other school records are closed to the public for 30 years after the date at which they were made.

Acc. Various


Ref: LGE 

LLANGEITHO British, Board, Council school

The 1847 "Blue Books" record a Calvinistic Methodist School in Llangeitho, established in 1821. The 1905 report states that the school, a mixed, provided school was erected in 1868. There was accommodation for 213. There were 137 on the books in 1905 and the average attendance was 93. 

School Records 

Log books
11 January 1869-26 July 1898 – LGE/1
27 July 1898-13 September 1920 – LGE/2
14 September 1920-24 July 1953 – LGE/3
1953-1988 – LGE/4

Register of admission, progress and withdrawal, 
1876-1937 – LGE/R/1

8 Summary registers – LGE/SR/1-8

School Board Records

Llangeitho and Llanbadarn Odwyn Lower United District

Minute book
10 August 1876-30 September 1904 159a

Cash book
1878-1904 159b

Llangeitho and Gwynfil Board

Correspondence, tenders and specifications, financial statements, 1896-1903, deeds, 1866 - 159c

County Council Records

School brochure, 1983 DYC/ED/4

Questionnaire dated 1920 giving details of the school and its catchment area, with the headmaster’s opinions on local education, employment prospects and other local issues. CDC/ED/30, no. 30

Ceredigion Archives - 40 years of preserving the past for the future - and counting
Admin