Archifdy Ceredigion ArchivesNB. Admissions registers and log books are closed for 100 years. Other school records are closed to the public for 30 years after the date at which they were made.
Acc. VariousRef: PEN PENLON (LLWYNCELYN) Board, Council school
The 1905 report states that Penlon school
, a provided, mixed school, was erected in 1877. There was accommodation for 75. There were 90 on the books in 1904 and the average attendance was 68.
School closed in July 2011School Records
12 January 1878-25 December 1901 PEN/1
10 January 1902-2 March 1931 PEN/2
6 March 1931-21 July 1988 PEN/3
1 September 1988-13 December 1999 PEN/4
Registers of admission, progress and withdrawal
Punishment book (only one page used)
HM Inspectors' reports etc.
1879-1893 PEN/X/1 County Council records
Questionnaire dated 1920 giving details of the school and its catchment area, with the headmasters opinions on local education, employment prospects and other local issues. CDC/ED/30, no. 39
School brochure, 1983 DYC/ED/4
Miscellaneous other items in CSC/ED/17
Ceredigion Archives - 40 years of preserving the past for the future - and counting