Tudalen Hafan / Home Page

Archifdy Ceredigion Archives
SCHOOL RECORDS



NB. Admissions registers and log books are closed for 100 years. Other school records are closed to the public for 30 years after the date at which they were made.

Acc. Various


Ref: RHL 

RHYDLEWIS (Newgate), Llangynllo British, Board, Council School

The 1905 report states that the school, a provided, mixed school, was erected in 1877. There was accommodation for 132. There were 112 on the books in 1904, and average attendance was 84. 

Rhydlewis School closed in July 2012 along with four other nearby primary schools: Pontgarreg, Penmorfa, Glynarthen and Blaenporth. All pupils were transferred to the newly-built Ysgol T. Llew Jones in Brynhoffnant.

School Records

Log books
1 July 1863-15 February 1892 – RHL/1
22 February 1892-3 March 1916 – RHL/2
10 March 1916-21 October 1955 – RHL/3

Evening Continuation
1897-1899; 1900-1901; 1907-1912; 1913-1915; 1916-1917 – RHL/E/1

Register of admission
1863-1882 – RHL/R/1

Register of admission, progress and withdrawal
1872-1917 – RHL/R/2

County Council Records

School brochure, 1983 DYC/ED/4

Questionnaire dated 1920 giving details of the school and its catchment area, with the headmaster’s opinions on local education, employment prospects and other local issues. CDC/ED/30, no. 98


Ceredigion Archives - 40 years of preserving the past for the future - and counting
Admin