Archifdy Ceredigion ArchivesRef: ADX/364Reference:
ADX/364: Estate Sale Catalogues and other miscellaneous items
[GB 0212] ADX/364Title:
Treasurers Accounts, Sale Catalogue, Marriage Certificate, Wills, etc from the Cardiganshire Area Date(s):
1773 - 1922Level:
28 itemsScope and Content
1. Treasurer's accounts from the Quarters Sessions of Cardiganshire:
Midsummer - Michaelmas 1861
Easter - Midsummer 1864
Easter - Midsummer 1865
Midsummer - Michaelmas 1865
Michaelmas - Epiphany 1865
Michaelmas - Epiphany 1866 (2 copies)
2. Sale Catalogue of freehold estates in the parishes of Llanfair Clydogau, Cellan, Llanfihangel Ystrad, Cilcennin, Llanrhystud, Llangeitho, and Llanddewi Brefi. Also the Manor of Cellan. With map showing parts of the estate to be sold. [Fragile]
27 August 1868
3. Aberayron Union: Lists of Paupers whose Relief is charged against
- for the Half-Year ending September 1870
- for the Half-Year ending March 1871
- for the Half-Year ending in September 1871
- for the Half-Year ending in March 1872
- for the Half-Year ending in September 1872
4. Letter of notification of the meeting of the Aberayron Highway Board
15 November 1873
5. Sale Catalogue of farms and premises situate in Llanfihangel Ystrad, Silian and Dihewyd being outlying portions of the Crosswood Estate.
26 September 1884
6. A Report on the Aberayron Highway Board's Surveyor's Account by Messrs. R.S. Lloyd and J.M. Howell.
4 February 1891
7. Marriage Certificate for Samuel Edwards of the parish of Llanfihangel Ystrad, Cardiganshire and Margaret Jones of the parish of Killie Ayron [sic] married in the parish of Llanfinith [sic] Carmarthenshire
28 September 1753(This document concerns a marriage which does not appear in the marriage register of Llanfynydd parish church, and from its format there is reason to believe it is a "clandestine" marriage certificate, a practice outlawed by Hardwicke's Marriage Act of 1754)
8. Receipt from Anne and Evan Evans of monies received from Mary Thomas, administratrix of the will of John Thomas, her father.
29 March 1810
9. Bill for iron delivered around New Quay area by "the New Quay Company" (in envelope)
18 February 1842
10. Letter from John Davies ("your humble servant") to his master concerning the cargo of a vessel. Written from Newport.
14 March 1844
11. "An assessment for the repairing of the Heighway in the parish of Llanllwchaiarn in the county of Cardigan and for other purposes chargeable thereon according to law made this second day of May in the year of our Lord one Thousand Eight hundred and Sixty Seven after the rate of one shilling in the pound." Overwritten in places with the name of Edward Edwards, Rhyderferwig.
12. Dog Licence in the name of Edward Edwards, Rhyderferwig, Llanllwchaiarn
13. Sale catalogue : the Llanfair Clydogau and Cellan Estate, which includes the Manor of Cellan ; farms and holdings called Wernfelig, Bankwernfelig, Clawdd-moell, Ffynnon-ore,Rhydygwyn and Trafle in the parish of Llanfihangel Ystrad ; Gelly-Gwefrwch in the parish of Llanfihangel Ystrad ; the Cilcennin estate including Berllan Deg, Hen Park and part of Fron Uchaf in the parish of Cilcennin. Also Maesmynach, Bwlch-y-wernen and part of Fron Ucha in the parish of Cilcennin[?] ; the Gwynfil Estate in the parish of Llanddewi Brefi including Goyallt, Alltgoy,Clwtycoedwr and Penpontmeidrem.
14. Chippenham Agricultural Association: report of the judge in awarding a special premium of £25...for the best five acres of swedes grown with artificial manures only.
15. Lot 1: Schedule of deeds and documents relating to premises called Lleithliw, Ffynonwen, and Caehelen in the parishes of Llanllwchaiarn and Henfynyw, Cardiganshire. Recites deeds of 1749 - 1875
2 September 1875
16. Bill from Evan Davies, smith of Ceibach to E. Edwards Esq. Rhydyferwig.
13 January 1879
17. Receipt for Income Tax Inhabited House Duty, for monies received from David Jenkins, Blaenhafan by Samuel Jenkins, collector.
10 January 1880
18. Receipt from J. Aeron Thomas, solicitor of Swansea for the sum of £8.0.0. from Francis Evans Rhydyferwig "towards paying his succession duty re Edwards decd".
10 June 1886
19. Inventory and valuation of crops and other effects at Pantmarchog in the parish of Dihewid, made between the outgoing tenant Evan Evans and the incoming tenant Thomas Jenkins.
26 November 1889
20. Sale Catalogue of farms, villa, ground rent and lands : Waunfawr and Tirbach and Waunfawr Villa in the parish of Caron-is-clawdd, and the township of Llanio p. Llanddewi-brefi; Llettemsais in the township of Llanio, and Llettemsais-fach in Llanio; Penbank in Llanio; Oxenhall in the parish of Llanfair-Clydogau; Blaenau-issa and Llechgynon in the parish of Cellan; Rhosowen in the parish of Cellan; Waungoyfach in the parish of Cellan; and Esgerdawe in the parish of Pencarreg. Offered for sale by Mr. John Daniel Jenkins.
3 July 1894
21. Copy of the will of Jane Anne Evans of Llanfair Cottage, Llandovery in the parish of Llandingat, Carmarthenshire (cousin to Daniel Jones, of Blaenplwyf)
30 May 1901
22. Last Will and Testament of Mr. John Evans of Fronddu, in the parish of Dihewid, Cardiganshire
23. Cheque books and used cheques from Barclays Bank on the account of the Jones family, Pontfaen.
24. Alliance Insurance Company receipts for policy of T.E. Jones
25. Part of a business letter, on the back of which there is a list of people receiving "barils".
26. Stray pages : from a booklet concerning a national university for Wales and from a sale catalogue of stock, including cattle and named horses.
27. Two versions "Can Newydd" by John Jenkins, (Cerngoch) and by "J.E. Ffynonor" -"Desgrifiad o helwriaeth a gorchestwaith bytheuaid T.H.R.Hughes Esq. Neuaddfawr, Cardiganshire ar yr 21ain o Chwefror 1881. Prif Destyn Barddonol yn Eisteddfod Brynmadog, Mehefin yr 22ain 1881. [Eisteddfod rhymes about a hunt]
28. Extracts from Cerddi Cerngoch ,the works of John Jenkins of Blaenplwyf, Llanfihangel Ystrad and Penbrynmawr Lampeter, [brother to Joseph Jenkins "the Welsh Swagman"]. Lampeter.
Ceredigion Archives - preserving the past for the future