Tudalen Hafan / Home Page

Archifdy Ceredigion Archives
ADX/365: Old photographs, Cardigan area


Acc. 1026



Ref: ADX/365

Reference: [GB 0212] ADX/365
Title: Copies of old photographs of the middle and southern part of the county, made by the late Mr. M. Davis.
Date(s): 1860 - 1937
Level: Fonds
Extent: 66 items

Scope and Content

Photographs of Cardigan and area:

1. Guildhall, at the Silver Jubilee of  George V in 1935

2. Guildhall before the building of the clock tower, 1860

3. Guildhall after the building of the clock tower

4. High Street, looking south

5. High Street, looking south

6. High Street, looking south

7. High Street, looking north

8. High Street, looking north

High St. looking north



9. High Street, Cloth Hall, W Davies, shop front and staff. 

High St., Cloth Hall



10. Priory Street from St. Mary's lower

11. Priory Street

12. Pendre, looking south, with marching crowds carrying banners

Marching crowds, Pendre



13. Pendre, looking south

14. Pendre, looking north

Pendre, looking north



15. Pendre, looking north

Pendre, looking north



16. Pendre, showing a corner shop, Griffiths grocer (now a DIY shop) 

Pendre, corner shop



17. Pendre, showing a corner shop, possibly turning to Mwldan

18. Pendre/North Road, Bingham house shop, now demolished. Mrs E Lizzie Reynolds and daughter Elsie in photograph.

19. Overlooking the town, showing gas works

20. Shops under the castle wall, now demolished

Shops under the Castle walls



21. Cardigan Mock Band 1937

22. Cardigan Mock Band at Penrhiw Inn Abercych 12 May 1937

23. SS. Drumlough off Cardigan

24. A.J. Volk Bakery vehicle at Llwyncelyn

25. Cardigan Belgium Refugees (c.1914)

26. T.James, Bryngwyn Dairy

27. Cardigan Bridge showing shops (see no.20)

28. Cardigan Bridge

29. Cardigan - Netpool

30. Cardigan - SS. Wheatsheaf

31. Cardigan - down river

32. Cardigan - Patch (postcard) 1912

33. Cardigan - Gwbert, Hotel Cliffe


Other places within the county:

34. View of St. Dogmaels

St. Dogmaels



35. Llechryd Bridge showing Tivy Inn, now demolished

36. Llechryd Bridge

Llechryd Bridge



37. Llechryd - floods and Mr. Phillips post man in coracle

38. Cwmcoy - photograph from an old drawing

39. Lampeter

40. Llanybydder - horse fair


Aberporth:

41. Main Street

42. Beynon Street

43. Beynon Street

44. Regatta

45. Dyffryn Beach

46. Dyffryn Beach

47. Regatta c.1912

48. Sewerage scheme workers [c.1934?]

49. Trecregin Farmhouse

50. Ship Inn, with landlord Frank Aspinall

51. Step farm, haymaking with Captain Davies, James Jones and Jack Dan Dolwen.

52. Carnival 1953-1954

53. Tanygroes

54. Aberporth School [Headmaster David Evans B.A., Teachers: Nellie Lewis and Mary Thomas] c.1927

55. Village Hall Committee c.1935

56. Mrs Mary Anne Williams, Rhiwfelen. She lived to be 107.


Other Places:

57. Llangrannog, sailing ships

58. New Quay - SS.Atlanta c.1912

59. New Quay Harbour

60. New Quay - Bon Marche and Queens Hotel

61. New Quay - Regatta day

62. Aberaeron - sailing boat "Atlanta", AB 11

63a,b.Aberaeron - negatives, showing charabancs &c.

64. Aberaeron - Alban Square - post card by C H Dierks

65. Aberaeron - Feathers Hotel

66 Aberaeron - Harbour
Ceredigion Archives - preserving the past for the future
Admin