Archifdy Ceredigion Archives
ADX/376: Sales Catalogues, Inventories and Maps
Acc. 1050Ref: ADX/376Reference:
[GB 0212] ADX/376Title:
Estate and Auction Sales Catalogues, Maps, Plans and other itemsDate(s):
1904 - 79Level:
69 itemsScope and Content
1. Sale catalogue of building land adjoining the Vicarage, Llanbadarn Road, by order of the trustees of the Will of the late Archdeacon Protheroe.
7 April 1904.
2. Catalogue of sale of antique and modern jewellery removed from 14 Marine Terrace "being the stock in trade of the Old-established Business of Jewellers, Lapidaries, Antique Dealers etc. until recently carried on by the Misses Vaughan Rees". Aberystwyth
6 September 1916.
3. Catalogue of the sale of "the valuable collection of genuine antiques" formed by the Misses Vaughan Rees, Aberystwyth.
6-9 June 1917.
4. Catalogue of sale of the modern furniture and appointments of The Clarendon, Marine Terrace. Aberystwyth.
27-28 April 1922.
5. Catalogue of "The White Motors" etc. at the dissolution of the partnership of Pryce & Jones, motor charabanc proprietors. Aberystwyth. (3 copies)
14 July 1924
6. Sale catalogue of the estate of Mr. W.H. Ody, deceased of Borth. including Railway Place, Borth. (3 copies)
2 March 1927
7. Sale catalogue of agricultural & other properties : Glanymor Farm, Glanmorfach Farm, Tygwyn smallholding et cetera.
3 June 1929.
8. Sale catalogue of Ynyshir Hall Estate, Glandyfi.
7 October 1929.
9. Sale particulars for "Orotava", North Road, Aberystwyth.
11 September 1929.
10. Catalogue of the sale of The Grand Hotel, Borth, Cardiganshire. Birmingham
16 July 1931
11. Sale card for Iscoed, Caradog Road, Aberystwyth.
23 September 1937.
12. Catalogue of furniture from Sycamore House, Aberystwyth.
29 November 1951
13. Catalogue of "Splicing Oaks", Llanarth. Sale of the contents of the residence. (3 copies)
16 July 1952.
14. Sale catalogue of the contents of the Queens Hotel, Aberystwyth.
27 November 1950.
15. Sale catalogue of the furniture and appointments of The Glengower, Victoria Terrace, Aberystwyth.
7-9 March 1951.
16. Sale catalogue for Cambrian Chambers, Aberystwyth [being sold by Cardiganshire County Council]
29 September 1952
17. Sale catalogue for Rhosfach, Nebo, Llanon. (2 copies)
21 July 1953
18. Sale catalogue for property in King Street and Pier Street, Aberystwyth
17 October 1955.
19. Sale catalogue for Llidiardau, Llanilar. (2 copies)
7 June 1956
20. Sale catalogue of furniture from Wern Newydd, New Quay.
22 October 1958
21. Sale catalogue for Edleston House, Queens Road, Aberystwyth.
10 October 1963
22. Sale catalogue of furniture, garden & outdoor effects from Ffosrhydygaled, Chancery, Aberystwyth.
15-16 November 1967.
23. Catalogue of sale of antique furniture from Llanfair Grange, Llandovery. Lampeter.
11-12 May 1971.
24. Catalogue of sale of paintings, books, furniture, porcelain et cetera. Lampeter.
15 September 1971.
25. Catalogue of sale of porcelain and pottery, furniture, silver, paintings and other items. Lampeter.
25 April 1972.
26. Catalogue of sale of antiques, household furniture and effects removed from "Cossipore" Aberystwyth.
3 September 1975.
27. Sale catalogue for Penylan, Llechryd, Cardigan, Dyfed. [ with prices marked ] (2 copies)
4-5 December 1979
28. Sale catalogue for Ael-y-Don and Gwen-y-Don, Cliff Terrace, Aberystwyth.
29. Sale Particulars of the stock of no. 10 Terrace Road, Aberystwyth, a toyshop.
30. Sale particulars of Pencreigiau, Pontrhydygroes, Ystrad Meurig, built for Thomas Johnes of Hafod and known as "Mariamne's Cottage".
31. Catalogue of sale of furniture, art, silver, china, plate and glass. Llandeilo auction rooms.
4 November 1965.
32. Sale catalogue for Penylan, Llanfynydd.
1-2 May 1968
33. Catalogue of sale of furniture, silverware, china & glassware, copper and brassware.
24 April 1969.Pembrokeshire
34. Sale catalogue of Red House, Tenby [with photograph].
30 June 1926.
35. Sale catalogue of furniture, garden & outdoor effects from Rhosygilwen, Cilgerran.
5-6 September 1962Glamorgan
36. Catalogue of the sale of paintings, furniture, rugs, silver, jewellery, porcelain, ivories and books to be sold at John James, De La Beche Street, Swansea.
10 October 1968.
37. Catalogue of the sale of paintings, furniture, rugs, silver, jewellery, porcelain, books etc. to be sold at John James, De La Beche Street, Swansea.
28 November 1968.
38. Catalogue of the sale of books, paintings, furniture, silver, jewellery, porcelain etc. to be sold at John James, De La Beche Street, Swansea.
28 August 1969.Merionethshire
39. Catalogue of the sale of antique furniture, china, porcelain etc. at the Community centre, Maengwyn Street, Machynlleth.
19 August 1970.Inventories
40. Inventory of furniture and effects in The Queens Hotel, Aberystwyth.
41. Inventory of stock-in-trade etc. lying at no.10 Bridge Street, Aberystwyth. "Taken over by Mr. Simkin, the purchaser of the premises".
n.d. (c.1950?)Maps and Plans
42. PLAN AND ELEVATION: Proposed new board school at Cwmpadarn for V.D. school board, Llanbadarn. J. Hughes Williams, Llanbadarn Fawr.. Scale 1":6 ["Drawing No. 1"]
43. ELEVATION: Proposed new board school at Cwmpadarn for V.D. school board, Llanbadarn. J. Hughes Williams, Llanbadarn Fawr. Scale 1":6 ["Drawing No. 2"]
44. PLAN: Proposed new labourer's cottages for E. Bickerton Evans Esq. by R.L. Roumieu, 10 Lancaster Place, Strand, London. Scale 1/4":1
45. ELEVATION & PLAN: Proposed new labourer's cottages for E. Bickerton Evans Esq. by R.L. Roumieu (as above). Scale 1/2:.
46. PLAN: Proposed farm bailiff's house at Llanbadarn Fawr for John Roberts Esq. by J. Hughes Williams, Llanbadarn Fawr. Scale 1:8
47. ELEVATION & ROOF PLAN: Farm house at Llanbadarn for John Roberts Esq. n.d. Signed J.J. Edwards.["Drawing no. 4"]
48. ELEVATION: Farm house at Llanbadarn for John Roberts Esq. by J. Hughes Williams, Llanbadarn. Signed J.J.Edwards. ["Drawing no.3"]
49. ELEVATION: Pair of cottages at Cwm-Llanbadarn for R. Roberts Esq. by J. Hughes Williams. [with small site map].
50. ELEVATION & ROOF PLAN: Pair of cottages at Cwm Llanbadarn for R. Roberts Esq. by J. Hughes Williams, Llanbadarn.
51. PLAN: Pair of cottages at Cwm Llanbadarn for R. Roberts Esq. by J. Hughes Williams, Llanbadarn.
52. ELEVATION & PLAN: Proposed farm buildings for John Roberts Esq. Llanbadarn Fawr by J. HughesWilliams, Llanbadarn Fawr. Scale 1":8
53. ELEVATION AND PLAN: Plan of stand for the Aberystwyth Football Club by G.T. Bassett, Aberystwyth Scale 1":8
54. PLAN: Proposed houses, Queen's Square, Aberystwyth for Messrs. J. Jenkins & sons by D.T. Jones of Aberystwyth. Scale 1":8.
55. PLAN: Proposed houses, Queen's Square Aberystwyth for Messrs. J. Jenkins & sons by D.T. Jones of Aberystwyth. Scale 1":8
56. ELEVATION & PLAN: Proposed houses, Queen's Square, Aberystwyth for Messrs. J. Jenkins & sons by D.T. Jones of Aberystwyth.
57. ELEVATION AND PLAN: Plans of proposed addition to shed at rear of no.5 North Parade, Aberystwyth for Messrs. D. Jones & sons by D.T.Jones, Aberystwyth.Scale 1":8
58. PLAN (copy:) Plan of Aberystwyth in the parish of Llanbadarn Fawr shewing the proposed scheme for supplying the town with water and gas. John Hughes of Aberystwyth. April 1835. The copy is by Llewelyn Jones, Borough surveyor, Aberystwyth
59. ORDNANCE SURVEY MAP: SN6286 - 6386 (Llanfihangel-geneu'r-glyn (Llandre) and Dolau). 1:2500
60. ORDNANCE SURVEY MAP: SN6285 - 6385 (Rhydypennau and Pen-y-garn). 1:2500
61. DRAWING: [Aberystwyth ] Station Development. Clayform Properties (Wales) Ltd. Lewis/Roberts architects.
62. ELEVATION & PLAN: Plans of Kiosk, Aberystwyth for Mr. Ashley Scale 1" : 2 feet.
63. ELEVATION & PLAN: "The Cottage Improvement Society, 18 Adam Street, Adelphi, London ": pair of cottages with two bedrooms on the upper, and one on the ground floor.Plan number one. Produced by W.H.Vale, lithographer, Maidstone.
64. ELEVATION & PLAN: "The Cottage Improvement Society" [as above]. Pair of inexpensive cottages with three bedrooms. Estimated cost £168 per pair. Plan number two. Produced by C. Goodman, Strand.
65. ELEVATION & PLAN: Proposed additions Gwyldwr, Llanbadarn Road for Miss Taylor.
66. ELEVATION, PLAN & SITE MAP: Proposed alterations & new billiard room, Y.M.C.A. premises, Chalybeate Street. Scale 1":8
67. PLAN: Proposed scheme for the development of Aberystwyth [draft stage] for Mr. R. Rowlands, county councillor of Cardiganshire by Edward Francis-Jones, architect of Aberystwyth. Scale 6":1 mile.
68. MAP: "Taith Ysgol Lluest i Bantycelyn a mannau eraill. Mehefin 1951" [ The journey of Lluest school to Pantycelyn and other places. June 1951]Other Items
69. 1. George Williams Parry Esq.
2. The Vale of Rheidol Light Railway Company.
Conveyance of land in the parish of Uchandre numbered respectively 7, 9 and 11 in the Company's deposited plan and book of reference.
22 December 1902
70. Memorandum and articles of association of The West Wales Garages. [Newtown?] Incorporated 7 November 1919.
71. Draft lease between Cornelius Campbell Richardes, Penglaise, co. Cardigan and a tenant, relating to land known as Caemelyn on the Penglaise estate in the Borough of Aberystwyth. Document not completed. Plan.
Ceredigion Archives - 40 years of preserving the past for the future - and counting