Archifdy Ceredigion Archives
ADX/416: Estate Sales Catalogues
[GB 0212] ADX/416Title:
Estate sales catalogues from John Francis & Son, Auctioneers and Estate AgentsDate(s):
20 itemsScope and Content
1. Freehold properties known as the Tanybwlch Estate in the parish of Llanychaiarn, Aberystwyth. Tanybwlch Mansion,Tanybwlch Bank, Tanycastell farm, Tanycastell Beach, Pant-yr-allt farm (also known as Rallt), land at Pendinas, Morfa Mill (also known as Tandinas), Tandinas beach (sea embankment), Crugiau, Crugiau Lodge, Crugiau Land (North), Pale, Crugiau Land (South), Caebidwl, Penybont Cottage Land at Crugiau riverside, Tynlone (also known as Elm cottage), Penrhiw-Goch, Penybwlch, Bryngeifr fields, Tanybwlch cottages, field O.S. no.59 adjoining Tanybwlch cottages, field situate close to Llanychaiarn Church and adjoining the farm of Penybwlch, field situate opposite Bryneithin, two fields and wood lying alongside Llanllwchaiarn Church and adjoining the River Ystwyth. (2 copies, one hardback one soft with map)
27 July 1936
2. Particulars, plans and conditions of sale of the Full Moon Estate in Llandyssul: Numbers 17- 21, Lincoln Street, Llandyssul. Land and cottages corner of Lincoln Street connecting with Clifton terrace. Ebenezer cottage, Ebenezer Chapel, Myfyrgell, Numbers 2-8 Clifton Terrace, Clifton Cottage, Plots of land with frontage to Clifton Terrace, Cwrtmelyn.
17 January 1912
3. Farms of Nantcellanfawr and Lluest in the parishes of Clarach and Llanbadarn Fawr, under instructions from the university College of Wales, Aberystwyth.
30 November 1951
4. Freehold farms in the parish of Llandyssul: Pantgwyn and Tancoed (otherwise known as Tancoed-Bach).
12 September 1905
5. Particulars of the residential and agricultural estates of the Blaenblodau estate in the parishes of Llanfihangel ar arth, Llangeler and Llandyssul: Blaenblodau, Blaenblodau farm, Cottage and Black field, Ivy Tower, New Inn shop, garden of New Inn shop, New Inn chapel with cottage and small garden, Blossom Lodge Inn and farm, Milestone cottages, Ffosyfedwen, Pont-talog Woollen factory, Dolwen-fach, Clawddgwynne, Abernawmor, Sunnyhill factory, Waungron, Sunnyhill farm, Gwargraig, Pantyrodin,Troedrhiwffenid, Llain fields, Llyndwr, Sychpant cottages, Darrenfach, Blaensheddy, Bwlchyddwyrhos, Tyrgate.
15 July 1902
6. Freehold agricultural properties in the parishes of Llanwenog, Llanllwni and Llanybyther: Cefn-Rhuddlan-Uchaf, Llwyn-Celyn-Bach, Dolwen-Fach, Ty'n-y-porth, Pant-y-clochydd, Nantygelli Villa, Blaenwaun, Bwlch-Gwynt, Hendre-Einon
17 July 1939
7. Residential estate and farm and lands in the parish of Llandyssul known as Llanfair estate: Llanfair Mansion and Llanfair home farm, small holding known as Cyfing, farm and lands known as Bank Llanfair.
28 May 1908
8. Freehold estate in the Clarach Valley, Aberystwyth: Glanymor farm, Glanmorfach farm, Tygwyn small holding, freehold bungalow, freehold retail shop.
3 June 1929
9. Catalogue of sale of Appointments of Llangoedmore Mansion, Cardigan.
20 March 1924
10. Freehold residence known as Stradmore in the parish of Llandygwydd, also Home farm, four cottages, meadow and pasture land.
20 September 1924
11. Particulars and plan of sale of the Lampeter Glebe Land comprising a freehold small holding known as Plasybryn together with fields of accomodation land, building sites and cottage known as No.3 Pleasant hill cottages.
28 August 1925
12. Freehold properties in the parishes of St Mary's and Llangoedmore known as The Priory Estate, Cardigan: Gotrel farm, Trebared farm, Old Castle farm, Stepside farm, Lower Stepside (or Llynyfelin), 3 Freehold cottages and garden situate opposite Llynyfelin cottages, Tregibby farm, Numbers 1, 2 and 3 Llynyfelin cottages, New Mill and Tynewydd (grist mill and farm), Capel farm, Cardigan Brickworks, land adjoining the main road from Cardigan to Llechryd, 5 fields of land adjoining the road, known as Foidrhenffordd, freehold grazing land forming part of the Marsh, Old Brickyard cottage.
Fee farm rents and freehold ground rents in the town of Cardigan: 22 and 23 Quay Street Cardigan, 56 Pendre, Council School Cardigan, 15 and 16 Pendre, 10 Priory Street, 4 Priory Street, 4 Priory Terrace.
Impropriate Tithes in the parishes of St. Mary's, Verwick and Tremain.
15 February 1919
13. Freehold dwelling houses, building sites and fields in the town of Llandyssul: Tyssil Castle, land and woodland with fishing rights for the River Teify, Bridge shop, Tivy cottage, Plasbach cottages, Golden Mortar, Tabernacle chapel and cottage, land adjoining Tyssil Castle, building site near County school, fields and building sites adjoinig previous plots.
25 May 1920
14. Freehold farm, accommodation lands and properties known as the Clyngoleu estate near New Quay in the parish of Llanllwchaiarn: Zoar farm, Clyngoleu field, Clyngoleu fields together with sites of Old farm house and Bragty old cottage with gardens, Perthygwenyn fields together with site and garden of old cottages, Tanyrardd, freehold garden below the Black Lion Hotel and three cottages known as Glannant, Pilot Pace, Glanrhyd, Cross Roads (otherwise Penlon), Lower and Middle house, Francis Street, Upper House, Numbers 2 - 6 George Street, Numbers 1,2,3, Francis Street, Numbers 2 and 3 Field Place.
Portion of garden of the Black Lion hotel, Manchester house gardens out-buildings and land, 1 George Street, 1a George Street, 7 George Street, Prince of Wales Inn (being 8 George Street), 9, 10, 11 George Street, 4 and 5 Francis Street, 6 Francis Street (Castle Green), 7-10 Francis Street, 4 and 5 Field Place, 1 Field Road, Arnant 1 Margaret Street, Maglona 2 Margaret Street, 3, 4 and 5 Margaret Street, Arvon View 6 Margaret Street, Oriel House 7 Margaret Street, Bethel Baptist Chapel, School buildings.
9 August 1923
15. Particulars, plan and conditions of sale of the freehold farm known as Lochtyn and Lochtyn Island (Ynys Lochtyn) in the parish of Llangranog.
25 June 1909
16. Particulars, plan, and conditions of sale of the freehold estate known as Rhiwbren Fawr: Rhiwbren Fawr farm, Rhiwbren mill (Grist Mill), Pengribbin, Penyrorfa.
15 July 1908
17. Freehold Agricultural properties forming the major portion of the Derry Ormond estate: Goitre-Issa, Goitrefach, Goitre-Uchaf, Nantybwch, Penlangoitre, Llwynfeilig, Blaenwern, Blaenwern villa, Ffosglai wood, Long wood, Allt Cefnfoel, Blaenwern wood or Pantglas plantation, Glandulais-Issa, land near Taibach, Glandulais-ucha, Olmarch-Issa, Tancoed-Ucha, Tygwyn, Felin or The Mill Llangybi, Cilgwyn cottage, Cilgwyn-Issa, Tancoed-Isaf, Lletycybi, Cwm, Penylan, Wernfach, Lluest, Blaenpant, Walworth, Denmark, Derry lodge, Derry lodge wood, Warren.
4 July 1944
18. Freehold farm and lands of Parc-y-trap farm in the parish of Llandyfriog: Parc-y-trap farm, Lamb Inn fields, Sussex House fields, one freehold garden plot at rear of Lloyd's Terrace, 2 Garregwen Terrace.
19 July 1929
19. Freehold property known as the Bronwydd estate in the parishes of Henllan Llanfair Treflygen, Llandyfriog, Llanfair Orllwyn and Llangynllo: Pencnwcau, Blaenpantdafydd, Blaenpantdafydd fields, Nantypobty and Brookfields house, ground rent Ceodybryn chapel, Allt-winllan, Look-about, Tynewydd cottage, Commins, Pengallt, Alltfawr, Ffynnonwen, Alltgoch, Rhippin-ddu, Ffynnonfair, Argoed Ucha, Pantdafydd cottage, Parcypwll cottage, Pandy workshop, ground rent Querchyr factory, School playground, Aber Bridge House and workshop, Penrhiwaber and land, Cross Roads, Cefn, Pentypark, Wern-newydd, Tygwyn, Llain Tygwyn, Ddolwen, Tygwyn land, ground rent Oernant, Pwllcornel-issa, Bryngwyn, Tower Hill.
4 August 1944
20. Particulars and conditions of sale of the freehold estate of Neuaddfawr in the parish of Lampeter: Neuaddfawr together with grounds and woodland including Waungron and Hendy Cottages, Neuaddfawr, Cwm Hendryd, Pantydderwen, Alltfach, Alltfawr, Plasbach, Caeglas, Penllain, Drefach farm, Gwarffynnon, Tytalcen, Tycanol and Tyisaf, Drefach, Tynewydd (2 Drefach), Ivy Bush Drefach, Abergranell, Pantyronen Drefach, 1 and 2 Pantyronen Drefach, Fish and Anchor, Cerdin cottage,Waun-nani, Pantyrhwch, Tynewydd Cwmiago, Brongest farm, Gravel pit, Danesbury cottage, Rhydycais, Brondeifi chapel and caretaker's house, Cwmanne tannery Lampeter, The Royal Oak, Troedrhiw Llanwnen, Red Lion Llanwnen, National school Llanwnen, Tirbach and Tanllan, Shop Inn, Shop Inn fach, Felinfach, Llysfaen Isaf, Unity cottage, Felinban, Tynllyn, 1-5 Llanwnen, Llanwnen shop and Post Office, carpenter's workshop, shoemaker's shop, Brynderw, Castelldu, Lowtre, Blaencruser, Penynant, Felin Raber, Trellwyn, Trellwynfach, Parkyrhos, Tynrhos, Cefnhafod Inn, Hafodrwyn, Glynyrychain, Glangranell, Rhydypistyll, Gwylfa, Gwynfil, Maesllyn, Caesarn, Pensarn farm, Wernlas, Gwernfryn.
17 June 1931
Ceredigion Archives - 40 years of preserving the past for the future - and counting