Archifdy Ceredigion Archives
ADX/429: Slides relating to Ceredigion
Acc. 1132Ref: ADX/429Reference
: [GB0212] ADX/429Date(s)
: 14 filesScope and Content
: Coloured slides of (mostly rural) scenes in Ceredigion
Selection of colour slides taken whilst on holiday in Wales, mostly in Cardiganshire, 1974-79. Most views were taken from the roadside or the passenger seat of a car, and the holidays appear to have been motoring daytrips from holiday accommodation, including Aberporth (1978) and Llanrhystud. A marked preference for near scenery, trees, hedgerows etc., may be explained by a reference to painting in the caption to 10/14.Film numbers given in brackets1. April 1974
1. 'Wales, Nr Snowden'
2. 'Wales, Snowden'2. April 1974
1. 'Lake Vrnwy, Snowdon'3. June 1975
1. 'miles to Aberaeron, Lampeter Rd. A482'
2. 'miles to Aberaeron, Lampeter Rd. A482'
4. June 1975
ADX/429/3/2 - Milestone, A482.
1. 'Near Synod Inn (?), Cardigans'
2. 'Near Newquay, Cardigans'
3. 'Cardiganshire/ No near Lake Vrnwy? West Wales'
4. 'Mile south of Llanrhystud'
5. 'Goat Willow Hedge, Llanrhystud, Aberystwyth, SN 5267'
ADX/429/4/5 - Goat willow hedge.
6. 'Cwmtudu'5. September 1975
1. '?Near Synod Inn'6. September 1976
1. View along lane
2. Trees, dappled shade
3. Lane with trees
4. 'the drought'
6. 'Llanrhystud', roadside verge
ADX/429/6/6 - Roadside, Llanrhystud.
7. 'Drought', hedgerow
8. 'Look Sth', road south of Llanrhystud
ADX/429/6/8 - Milestone, A482.
9. 'Church Lane'7. September 1976
1. Cloudy, main road with passing car
2. 'Back looking', view along lane
3. 'Forward looking', hedgerow tree
5. 'Church Lane'
6. 'Church Lane'
7. 'Wales'8. September 1977
1. 'Wales sheet 12 7252', upland view
2. 'Wales sheet 12 7252', upland view
3. 'Wales Sheet 12 (SN)6049+ V. near Cellan, R. Teifi, Alder Hazel'
4. 'Llanrhystud', view from beach
ADX/429/8/4 - Llanrhystud, view from beach.
5. 'Wales', cloudscape above main road
6. 'Wales Sheet 12 7.7?' roadside hedgerow
7. 'Wales Sheet 12 7.7?' field and hedgerow
8. Roadside hedge with minor bridge parapet wall9. July 1978
1. 'View from flat at Aber(porth)', Pendinaslochdyn in distance
ADX/429/9/1 - View from flat at Aberporth.
2. 'View from kitchen'
ADX/429/9/2 - View from kitchen at Aberporth.
3. Unusual conifer10. August 1978, some with dates changed to July 78
1. Beach at Llanrhystud
ADX/429/10/1 - Beach at Llanrhystud.
2. Roadside verge
3. Roadside verge
4. Roadside hedgerows
6. 'Looking Sth to Aber from
Camp' [possibly south of Llanrhystud]
7. Bosky lane with corner of red car
8. Hedgerow with dog roses
9. Dog roses
10. 'Rhos-goch', sheep, thorn bushes and gorse
11. Lane with hedgerows
12. 'over the ford' lane
13. Lane with corner of red car
14. 'Late opposite gate where I painted' floral hedgebank
16. Lane with hedgerows11. September 1978
1. View from roadside
2. Green lane
3. Lane with hedgerows
4. Lane curving away into middle distance
5. Tractor harrowing field
ADX/429/11/5 - Tractor harrowing field.
6. 'Llanrhystud Church from Pengarreg Lane'
ADX/429/11/6 - Llanrhystud Church.
7. 'Llanrhystud', view of beach
ADX/429/11/7 - Llanrhystud, view of beach.
8. 'Llanrhystud', view of beach
9. 'Llanrhystud', beach below beginning of cliffs
12. May 1979
ADX/429/11/9 - Llanrhystud, view of beach.
1. 'Near Ryader', field and wood
2. 'Rhyader', lane hedgerow
3. 'Rhyader', fowl in field
4-8. views labelled 'Rhyader' [Rhayader], showing view along main road from passenger side of car, dashboard clock to right. Nos. 4-7 probably the A44 towards Aberystwyth, No. 8. The A487 approaching Llanrhystud from the north
9. Bare trees at corner of field
10. Bare roadside trees13. July 1979
1. Field gate
2. Buildings glimpsed along bosky lane
3. 'Talsaren' [Talsarn], southern approaches with Aeron bridge, red parked car in middle distance
14. July 1979
ADX/429/13/3 - Talsaren.
1. Fields and hill seen across roadside verge
2. View along main road
3. View of distant hill from main road
4. View of distant hill from main road
5. View from main road
6. View from main road
7. View across main road (south of Llanrhystud?)
8. Derelict building (later bakery) and bridge at southern end of Llanon
9. Brambles in flower
10. Hedgerow, hawthorn beyond, foxgloves before
11. Lane and hedgerow with dog roses
Ceredigion Archives - preserving the past for the future