Archifdy Ceredigion Archives
ADX/687: Auction Catalogues for Estate Sales (Cardiganshire)
[GB 0212] ADX/687Title:
Auction Catalogues for Estate Sales (Cardiganshire)Date(s):
8 itemsScope and Content:
Auction Catalogues for Estate Sales (Cardiganshire), dates 1918-1955, with correspondence and ephemera.
1. The Penygraig Estate, comprising 181 acres and The Nantgwylan Estate, comprising 419 acres. To be sold at Emlyn Arms Hotel, New Castle Emlyn on 19 July 1918 by Messrs. Smith, Oakley and Garrard of St. James's Square, London.
4 Lots including:
Penygraig, Cenarth, including the Mansion House, Farm House & 2 Cottages.
Small holding with Magistrates Room
33 loose items, including: correspondence concerning tithe payments between Mr. John James (Nantgwylan) and James Thomas & Son, agents for the Welsh Church Commissioners; and two folded integral maps showing lots.
2. The Pen-y-Lan Estate, Llandugwydd Parish, comprising 310 acres to be sold at the Guildhall, Cardigan on 21 August 1920 by Mr. John Evans, Cardigan.
7 lots, including:
Pencwarre with Cwmeifed Cottages (4)
Pantyrylis (2 Cottages)
Integral map showing site of lots.
3. The Neuaddfawr Estate, Lampeter (Rural) Parish. Comprising 1690 acres to be sold at the Town Hall, Lampeter on the 17 June 1931, by Messrs. Thomas Jones & Son, Garthowen, Llandysul.
79 lots, including:
Neuaddfawr, including the smallholding Waungron and Hendy Cottages.
Cwm Hendryd, between the Fish & Anchor and Maestir.
Pantydderwen between the Fish & Anchor and Maestir
Alltfach, between Llanwnen and Lampeter.
Alltfawr, between Llanwnen and Lampeter.
Plasbach, between Llanwnen and Lampeter.
Caeglas, between Llanwnen and Lampeter.
Penllan, between Llanwnen and Lampeter.
Drefach Farm, Llanwnen
Tytalcen, Tycanol & Tyisaf, Drefach
Ivy Bush, Drefach
No. 1 & No. 2 Pantyronen, Drefach
Fish & Anchor, between Llanwnen and Cribyn
Cerdin Cottage, near the Fish & Anchor.
Waun-Nani, between Llanwnen & Cribyn
Pantyrhwch, between Llanwnen & Cribyn
Brongest Farm, Lampeter
Donesbury Cottage (or Pleasant View), Brondeifi
Brondeifi Chapel & Caretaker's House
Cwmanne Tannery, Lampeter
The Royal Oak, Lampeter
Red Lion, Llanwnen
National School, Llanwnen
Tirbach & Tanllan, Llanwnen
Shop Inn, Llanwnen
Shop Inn Fach, Llanwnen
Llysfaen Isaf, Llanwnen
Unity Cottage, Llanwnen
No's 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5, Llanwnen
Llanwnen Shop & Post Office
Carpenter's Workshop, Llanwnen
Shoemaker's Shop, Llanwnen
Castelldu (with Tancastell & Tydwgi Cottages), Llanwnen
Llowtre, between Llanybyther and Llanwnen
Blaencwser, between Llanybyther and Llanwnen
Penynant, between Llanybyther and Llanwnen
Felin Raber, between Llanwnen & Castellddu
Trellwyn, between Llanwenog & Llanwnen
Parkyrhos between Gorsgoch & Llanwnen
Cefnhafod Inn, Gorsgoch
Maesllyn (Cottages), Cwrtnewydd
Pensarn Farm, Cwrtnewydd
40 loose items including: newspaper cutting report of the sale, listing buyers; correspondence concerning tithe payments; typed sheets listing: Lot number; name and address of purchaser; name of property, date of completion of sale.
4. The Tanybwlch Estate, in the parish of Llanychaiarn. Comprising 678 acres to be sold at the Royal Lion Hotel, Aberystwyth on the 27 July 1936 by John Francis & Son, Carmarthen.
26 lots, including:
Tanybwlch Residence with Pantycastell & Sea Cottages.
Rallt or Pantyrallt, alongside Pendinas facing the sea.
Pendinas accommodation land
Morfa Mill (or Tandinas)
Crugiau Lodge, between Rhydyfelin & Penparke
Pen-y-bont Cottage, Rhydyfelin
Tynlone or Elm Cottage, Rhydyfelin
Penrhiw - goch on Morfa Bychan road
Tanybwlch Cottages (2), Llanychaiarn
Loose maps (2), showing lots
Loose items (12), relating to tithe charges.
5. The Bronwydd Estate, in the Parish of Llangynllo, comprising 2077 acres. To be sold at the Cawdor Hotel, Newcastle Emlyn on 5 August 1937 by John Evans, Cardigan & John Francis & Son, Carmarthen.
98 lots, including:
Bronwydd Mansion & Demesne, Quarry, Garden Cottages, the Lodge and the Bungalow.
Blaenllan, between Aberbanc and Coedybryn
Blaengwenllan, between Cross Roads & Penrhiwpal
Ffynonfair, between Cross Roads & Penrhiwpal
Blaenpant Dyfydd (or Blaengwinllan), between Cross roads & Penrhiwpal
Penllwyn Cwrws (or Penloncwrws), Cross Roads
Cross Roads, Aberbanc
Woodlands Bungalow, Aberbanc
Querchyr Woolen Factory & House
Cnwcydyffryn, between Aberbanc & Henllan
Rock Villa (Includes Old Factory), Aberbanc
Nos 1 & 2. Tynewydd Cootages & Tynwnt Cottages, Aberbanc
Bwlch Cottage, Aberbanc
Bwlch Cottage, Aberbanc
Brynaber Cottage, Aberbanc
Tro Issa Cottage, Aberbanc
Tro Ganol Cottage, Aberbanc
Tro Ucha Cottage, Aberbanc
Aber Bridge House & Workshop, Aberbanc
Aber Bridge House, Aberbanc
Danrhie Cottage, Aberbanc
Pandy Workshop (or Pandy Mills), Aberbanc
Nanypobty Farm & Brookfield House, Coedybryn
Brynhywel House & Shop, Coedybryn
Winllan (or Maesycoed), Coedybryn
Blaenllan-Issa, between Coedybryn & Aberbanc
Look-about, between Coedybryn & Aberbanc
Parc - Hadau (or Parc Hatte)
Pengallt, between Aberbanc & Coedybryn
Aberbanc Factory & Land, Aberbanc
Penbeili-Mawr (& Penmount Cottage)
Commins-Uchaf Cottages (2)
Tower Hill Factory
Tynewydd House & Smithy
Wern - Newydd
Loose maps (2) showing lots
6. Bargoed Farm, in the parish of Llanarth & Llanina, comprising 103 acres. To be sold at the Town Hall, Lampeter, on 11 July 1950, by John Francis & Son, Carmarthen.
7. Llanfair Lodge, Llandyssul. To be sold at St. Peter's Church Hall, Carmarthen on 10 August 1955, by John Francis & Son, Carmarthen.
8. Duplicate of 7.
Ceredigion Archives - preserving the past for the future