Archifdy Ceredigion Archives
ADX/1376: Material Relating to Swyddffynnon
Acc. 3163Ref: ADX/1376Reference:
[GB 0212] ADX/1376Title:
Material Relating to SwyddffynnonDate(s):
0.013m3Scope and Content:
Items mostly relating to Swyddffynnon area
1. Framed group photograph of an outing: men, women and children (none identified) in front of rock face with horizontal strata, possibly on a beach. Late Victorian. Photograph by Knipe & Culliford, Aberystwyth.
2. Framed photograph of unidentified man in a bowler hat. Copy by [stamped] Ramon, 148 Uxbridge Rd, [London] W.12 on reverse.
3. Framed photograph of young boy with memorial verse (in Welsh): Blodeuyn Serch ar Fedd David Davies, Maesnewydd, Swyddffynnon yn mynwent Lledrod, followed by 5 verses by Gwmryn
4. Photographs of teachers and pupils at Swyddffynnon Board School, some dated, no-one identified. Headmaster appears in all photos, sometimes with other staff.
4/1. Boys, headmaster, two other older male teachers or pupil-teachers.
4/2. Boys, headmaster, two female teachers. Photograph by Thomas Rees, Photographer, &c, Ninant, Maesycrugiau, R.S.O. Taken on same day as 4.3.
4/3. Girls, headmaster, three female teachers. Photograph by Thomas Rees, Photographer, &c, Ninant, Maesycrugiau, R.S.O. Taken on same day as 4.2.
4/4. Younger boys, headmaster, three female teachers. Photograph by Thomas Rees. Taken on same day as 4.5.
4/5. Older boys, headmaster, three female teachers. Photograph by Thomas Rees. Taken on same day as 4.4.
4/6. Younger boys, headmaster, female teacher and two female pupil-teachers. Photographer not identified. Taken on the same day as 4.7. No date; possibly later than the others.
4/7. Younger girls, headmaster, female teacher and two female pupil-teachers. Photographer not identified. Taken on the same day as 4.6. No date; possibly later than the others.
5. Ledger and invoices
5/1. Business ledger of Lewis Davies, Tynllyn House, Swyddffynnon. Contains details of customers accounts, goods supplied etc.
5/2. Invoices from J.W. Davies & Sons, Lampeter (Ironmongers etc.) to Lewis Davies. Also one invoice from David Evans & Son, Llanybydder, (Ironmongers) to Mr. Williams, Blacksmith, Swyddffynnon. Found inside 5.1.
6. Notebook belonging to J. Price, Auctioneer, Aberaeron, recording details of sale (items, purchasers, prices) at Felin, Swyddffynnon, 20 October 1932.
7. Auction sale catalogue, part of Crosswood Estate in the parishes of Ysbyty Ystwyth, Gwnnws and Llanfihangel-y-Creuddyn, and in the villages of Pontrhydfendigaid and Swyddffynnon. Sale to take place at the Lion Hotel, Aberystwyth on 18 April 1921.
8. Auction sale catalogue, part of Crosswood Estate in the parishes of Lledrod, Caron, Gwnnws Upper, Ystrad Meurig, Llanafan, Llanilar, Llanfihangel-y-Creuddyn, and Ysbyty Ystwyth. Sale to take place at the Schoolroom, Pontrhydfendigaid on 31 May 1924.
9. LEASE of part of Tyndranen Farm
Crosswood Estates: Wilmot Inglis Jones and Frederick Richard Roberts, Trustees for the Earl of Lisburne to Mr. Lewis Davies, blacksmith, Swyddffynnon.
15 September 1908
10. Liverpool Victoria Friendly Society: Premium Receipt Book of May Williams.
11. Press cuttings from The Cambrian News: Article and photographs commemorating the last Aberystwyth-Carmarthen train.
26 February 1965
12. Rhaglen/Programme: Seremoni Gyhoeddi Eisteddfod Genedlaethol Frenhinol Cymru, Aberystwyth 1952 yng Nghylch yr Orsedd, Castell Aberystwyth, Mehefin 20, 1951.
13. Eisteddfod Genedlaethol Urdd Gobaith Cymru, Llanbedr Pont Steffan 1959: Ysgrifaur Goron.
14. The Welsh Ecumenical Society, Pamphlet no. 3: Blaendulais Ecumenical Work Camp. No date but camp took place in 1956.
15. Teipysgrif/Typescript. Cronfa Goffa Y Parch. T.R. Morgan: Rhestr y Tanysgrifwyr.
16. Newyddlen/newsletter: Negesydd Seilo. 8 rhifyn.
17. Llyfr Barddoniaeth William Davies, Maesnewydd, Swyddffynnon (tipyn o bopeth) yn cynnwys barddoniaeth a gyflwynwyd i eisteddfodau lleol ayyb.
Ceredigion Archives - 40 years of preserving the past for the future - and counting