Archifdy Ceredigion Archives
Parochial Records, Llanarth with Llanina
Acc 2581Ref: CPR/LWLReference:
[GB 0212] CPR/LWLTitle:
Llanarth with Llanina Parochial RecordsDate(s):
23 itemsArchival History:
The records were received by the national Library of Wales in July 1969, October 1971, and June 2001. Items were renumbered in 2003.
The collection was transferred to Ceredigion Archives in 2010.Scope and Content:
1. Tithe list for the parishes of Llanarth, Cydblwyf and Llanina, 1896-1906. Owners, occupiers and properties are listed.
2. Welsh Church Commissioners Questionnaires for the parishes of Llanarth and Llanina, and Statistical Returns of Parochial Work
including notes, 1906
3. Royal Commission of the Church in Wales preparatory questionnaires, 1906 including notes and accounts that also names Talgarreg, Capel Cynon4-6. Registers of Services
7. Confirmation Register for Llanarth, Llanina and Mydroilyn, 1961-1975
8. Plan to scale of seating and restoration work at Llanarth church, undated. A similar plan and faculty is dated 1872.
9/1-4. Correspondence to Mr Williams relating to the churchyard wall and the grant for, and details of the parsonage, 1906. [Item 3 is in Welsh]
10. Typed list of the Churchyard Fund Appeal, 1976. This was removed from the electoral roll.
11. Vestry Book for the parishes of Llanarth, Llanina and Mydroilyn, 1849-1961.
12. Minute Book of the Parochial Church Council and Vestry of the parishes of Llanarth and Llanina, 1920-1960.
13. Volume containing details of quotas and parish accounts. It includes two printed pages of ministerial funds, 1931, 1934, and a loose collection of lists and notes. The first page identifies Pencarreg church but subsequent pages refer to Llanarth, Mydroilyn and Llanina.
14. Electoral Roll, 1943-1983. (Not available for consultation until 2014)
15. Visitors book for St Davids Church, Llanarth, 1960-2000
16. Letter concerning building grants for the National School, 1906, and an extract of the register of Llanarth Church Sunday School, undated.
17. Summary of rent charges in the parish of Llanarth in lieu of tithes, 1816, with owners, occupiers and properties listed.
18. Overseers Accounts, 1767-1805
19. Copies of the London Gazette
, 12 May1876, and 21 July 1876
20. Receipt in the name of Mrs Williams, Llanarth Vicarage from a military and hunting boot maker of Cheltenham.
21. Sale Catalogue of farms and smallholdings of the Llanina Estate, in Llanina, Cydplwlf and Llanwchaiarn, 1913. Llwynonfawr and part of Llwynonfawr Farm, Cilgynllefach, Cefnesgeronen, Penygraig, Pen-y-lan, Motygido, Gellyisaf, Frongoch, Lone.
22. Leaflet concerning the Llanina Church Restoration Fund, work done and subscriptions paid, 1905.
23. Printed extract concerning the grouping of parishes.
Ceredigion Archives - preserving the past for the future