Archifdy Ceredigion Archives
DB/79: Ieuan John Luke, Solicitor, & Alun Howells, Solicitor
[GB 0212] DB/79Title:
Business records of Ieuan John Luke, Solicitor, Newcastle Emlyn, & Alun Howells, Solicitor, LlandysulDate(s):
0.013m3Scope and Content:
Papers relating to the practice of Ieuan John Luke, Solicitor, Bridge Street, Newcastle Emlyn, and also of Alun Howells, Solicitor, Wenfron, Llandysul. It appears that I.J. Luke and the Howells firm of solicitors were in some kind of partnership. There were other lawyers in the Howells family: William John Howells and Peter Howells in particular.
1. Various deeds, documents and correspondence relating to wills, probate and property of Howells family of Llandysul, and also to the sale of Wenfron, High Street, Llandysul.
2. Documents relating to the conveyance of Llwyn-rhyd-owen cottages and Gwarcoeduchaf by Charlotte Davies to Daniel Davies and to their other property transactions, incl. Gwarcoed Villa and Gwarcoedeinon, Llandysul.
3. Contents of folder labelled 'David Davies deceased, Penffynnon, Llandyssul'. Contains various documents and correspondence relating to the settling of his estate, and also to Penffynnon (p. Orllwyn Teifi)
4. Four letters relating to sale of Blaenrhydfedw and 99 Tanygroes Street, Port Talbot
5. Papers relating to the administration of estate of Sarah Thomas, Troedrhiw, Cwmhyar.
6. Papers relating to administration of the estate of Mary Lloyd, Preswylfa, Talgarreg
7. Draft conveyance of part of Dolwallter, p. Llandysul. Mrs. M.A. Griffiths to Mr. E.J. Thomas.
8. Mortgage of a farm called Rampant Lion and of Brunswick House, both in p. Llandysul. John Evans and another to David Evans. Also letter and receipt.
9. Miscellaneous papers incl. 2 letters to Alun [?Howells] from his mother, receipts, cheque book stubs.
Ceredigion Archives - 40 years of preserving the past for the future - and counting