Archifdy Ceredigion Archives
ABY/PC/1/4: Aberystwyth Yesterday: Postcards to recipients in Cardiganshire
Acc. 2551Ref: ABY/PC/1/4Reference:
Cards sent to recipients elsewhere in Cardiganshire Date(s):
9 itemsScope and Content
1. Photograph of Llechryd Bridge, posted from Cardigan to Mr Lewis Jones of 1 Chapel Street, Llanon, Welsh-language message.
18 September 1907
2. Coloured photograph, 'Dol-Coed Terrace, Llanwrtyd Wells', sent from that place to Miss A.A. Jones of 1 Chapel St., Llanon, and written in blue pencil.
Just a note to let you know that I am in the land of the living & enjoying myself a treat so far whatever, the weather is a.1. but very cold night & morning. We are staying a few doors from the corner where the woman is standing'
20 September 1910
3. Photograph, 'Three Bridges Merthyr', sent from there to Miss C. Williams of Cross Hill, Llanon, and written in pencil.
'Hoping you are all right. Jenkins arrived back safe with all the news. Hoping you are having nice time of it
20 July 1911
4. Reproduction of 1740 engraving, 'The South-east View of Carmarthen', sent from that town to Miss D. Jones of Maesybeudy, Ysbytty Ystwyth, and written in pencil.
Just a line to let you know I will be leaving here by 2.20 tomorrow so hope to see you at Station I told E.A. to order Car
With love to all. Dolly'
6 August 1923
5. Photograph, 'Intermediate School. Machynlleth', sent to Mrs S. Ellis of Bronwennau, Cross Inn, Llanon, and written in pencil. Welsh-language message.
1918-1921/1922-34 - appears to have had 1d George V stamp
6. Photograph, 'View from the Castle, Aberystwyth', addressed from there to Mr/Mrs James of Gwalia, Velindre, Llandysul.
'Dear Mr/Mrs James
Having a lovely time here
Vivien & Mary'
25 September 1956
7. Black and white photograph, 'Big Ben by night', posted from Upper Holloway to Mr + Mrs E. Francis Jones, Carreg Cadifor, Bontgoch.
'We were in Berkeley Sq. this afternoon & we thought of Edward We've trailed around the West End shops, we're ... well + enjoyed ourselves Hope to see you both soon Kind thoughts from Tom and Margaret'.
8 October 1959
8. Colour photograph of Portmeirion sent from Pwllheli to Mrs G. Davies of New Street, Lampeter.
'Greetings from Butlins. The children are having a wonderful time! Weather improving Feeling very sleepy.
Dan & Lynne'
26 August 1964
9. Black and white postcard from the Bethnal Green Museum, 'English wax doll ...', addressed from Broncastell, Capel Bangor, message only, no stamp and not franked,
'Very many thanks - Dear Margaret for your kind invitation to the Private Viewing - but we were unable to come there - but look forward to doing so very soon. Every good wish for its usual splendid success - I'll close a little subscription for the ... League - with all my Love - Peggy
21 June 1975