Archifdy Ceredigion Archives
ABY/PC/2/2: Aberystwyth Yesterday: Cards of Cardiganshire
Acc. 2551Ref: ABY/PC/2/2Reference:
Cards depicting Cardiganshire (outside of Aberystwyth) Date(s):
c. 1918-1980s, also some undated itemsLevel:
18 itemsScope and Content
1-2. 'Sweet Aeron Vale-renowned in Song', eight black and white photographic views of Aberaeron and the Vale of Aeron.
1918 or earlier - Inland postage rate given as 1/2 d
3-4. Two Colourmaster International cards with views of Aberaeron.
5. Denis colour postcard, 'Market Street, Aberaeron'.
6-8. Three Valentine's cards with black and white views of Cardigan and environs: 5. 'Cardigan Island from Gwbert on Sea'; 6. 'River Teifi from St. Dogmaels, Cardigan' (showing steamer advancing upriver); 7. 'St Mary's Church Cardigan'.
The first two of these give postage rate as 1d, so 1918-1940.
9-10. Two and white views of Lampeter: 8. High Street; 9. Bridge Street.
Early-mid 20th century
11. Tuck's Post Card, black and white, 'Carreg Bica, Llangranog'.
12. Judges colour postcard, 'Llangrannog'.
13-14. Two postcards printed in Welsh, but with English language messages, of the Urdd Camp at Llangrannog.
15. Valentine's black and white card, 'Toll and Due List, New Quay Harbour'.
16. J. Arthur Dixon colour postcard of New Quay Harbour.
17. Frith's Series, 'General View, Talybont', coloured photograph c. 1955.
18. Valentine's Series, black and white photograph, 'Tresaith, Cardiganshire'.