Archifdy Ceredigion Archives
ABY/WH/2: Cookery and Housework
Acc. 2551Ref: ABY/WH/2Reference:
Recipes, cookery, houseworkDate(s):
79 items Scope and Content
: Items relating to cookery and houseworkABY/WH/2/1. Personal Recipe Books
1. Gwen Davies' 'Cookery notes and recipes', handwritten recipe book.
First date given as 13 July 1914
2. Recipe book containing newspaper clippings and handwritten recipes. Includes clippings of 'economy' recipes from the First World War.
First entry dated 17 February 1917
3. Handwritten recipe book containing 3 different handwritings. Initial recipe index at front.
n.d ABY/WH/2/2. Assorted cookery leaflets
1. Printed advertisement from Brown & Polson's
2. Ministry of Food cookery calendar August/September 1951
3. Typed recipe instructions for a demonstration to College Women's club at Belle Vue Hotel, Aberystwyth, 2.30pm 13 December 1956
4. Scrap paper with recipe for marmalade
5. Reprint regarding Oslo breakfast. ABY/WH/2/3. 100 ideas booklets
1. 100 ideas for Tea
2. 100 ideas for Supper
3. 100 ideas for puddings & sweets
1947 ABY/WH/2/4. Home Notes Booklets
1. Home Notes no. 1146, 25 December 1915
2. Home Notes no. 1817, 17 November 1928
[bold ABY/WH/2/:5. Other Publications]
1. Housework with Ease
by T McClurg Anderson (Director, The Institute of Human Kinetics)
Reprint June 1962
2. The Preservation of Fruit and Vegetables including bottling and jam making
, second edition by D. D. Cottington Taylor.
3. Printed booklet: Recipes. Owner's inscription: E.M. Watkins.
Late 1920s-early 1930s