Archifdy Ceredigion Archives
ADX/59: Programmes, Postcards and Prints
Acc. 204, 222, 229, 259, 261, 345, 366, 448, 456, 510, 526, 557, 646, 653, 662, 664, 697Ref: ADX/59Reference:
[GB 0212] ADX/59/1 - 16Title:
Prints, Photographs, Postcards, a Restoration Appeal and a Poem all from the Ceredigion AreaDate(s):
32 itemsScope and Content
Print of Cardigan Castle, the Teifi and Cardigan Bridge, engraved by J. Newton, published by S. Hooper
28 August 1786.
1. Printed Calendar of the United Theological Colleges at Aberystwyth and Bala of the Presbyterian Church of Wales (Calvinistic Methodists) (Printed by the Cambrian News).
2. Gwyl Gerddorol Ceredigion, rhaglen y plant.
21 May 1930.
3. Gwyl Gerddorol Ceredigion, rhaglen y plant.
1. Postcard 'Safonau 1 - VII Ysgol Sul Llanilar' (Llanilar Sunday School - Classes I - VII).
2. Postcard of Museum and Clettwr Cafe, Tre'r - Ddol (2 postcards).
1. Print of 'Pont y Monach, or the Devil's Bridge,' engraved by D. Cox and W. Radclyffe.
2. Print of 'Fall of the Teifi'.
Photograph of Devil's Bridge Rail Station.
An Appeal in aid of the Blaenpennal Restoration and Extension Fund.
Photograph of The Promenade, Aberystwyth.
1. Postcard view of Aberystwyth, Dyfed.
2. Postcard view of Bwlch, Cwmberwyn, Tregaron, Dyfed.
3. Postcard view of Y Coleg Ger y Lli, Aberystwyth, Dyfed.
4. Postcard view of Llangeitho Small Holding Cardiganshire.
Photograph of the coast at New Quay.
Y Deuddegfed wedi'r Canfed Adroddiad Blynyddol Beibl Gymdeithas Cangen-Gynorthwyol Aberystwyth a'r gymdogaeth.
1. Trydydd Jiwbili Ebeneser, yr Eglwys Fethodistaidd, Ystumtuen,1808-1958.
9-10 August 1958
2. Adroddiad y Gronfa Trydydd Jiwbili Capen Ebeneser, Ystumtuen.
3. Eisteddfod Fawreddog, Pontgarreg, Llangrannog. Rhestr o'r cystadleuthau.
21 October 1977
4. Eisteddfod Fawreddog, Coedybryn. Rhestr o'r cystadleuthau.
22 October 1977.
5. Photocopy of a poem from David Jones to Miss Sarrah Jones, Llain Cottage, Cwmrheidol, on a conversation between a boy and a girl, ending "A hyny'n ddirgel o'i galon."
Photograph taken by Mr. G. J. Williams of Bangor, an inspector of quarries, of the 'Carreg Pumsaint'. Note on reverse, 'stone used for crushing goldbearing quartz by the Romans, now raised on end, Hofan Drive, Cardigan GJW. In the middle ages it was known as Carreg Pumsaint, "The five saints stone" as the depressions were made by the heads of the 5 Saints sleeping on it during a storm!’.
1. Photograph of Aberystwyth sea front.
2-4. Photographs, possibly of Devil's Bridge.
1. Postcard of the Castle, Aberystwyth, sent to Mr. C. H. Crawford of 31 Sanghall Road, Chester, from Oswestry.
Postmarked 23 December 1905.
2. Postcard of the promenade, showing Pen Dinas, Aberystwyth, sent to Mr. W. P. Crawford of Fergus Hill, Tilstock, Salop., from Aberystwyth.
Postmarked 17 August 1927.
1. Postcard view of the beach and Marine Terrace, Aberystwyth.
2. Postcard view of the Harbour, Aberystwyth.
1. Postcard of Tresaith, black and white.
2. Postcard of Cenarth Falls, black and white.
Postcard of Bow Street Camp, near Aberystwyth.