Archifdy Ceredigion Archives
ADX/1126: The Walford Family
[GB 0212] ADX/1126Title:
The Walford FamilyDate(s):
originals 1930, copies 2009Level:
7 itemsScope and Content:
Scanned photographs associated with the depositor's family. The Misses Walford (Ethel Kate Walford, 1878-1966, and Ellen Marion Walford, 1870-1960) were originally from King's Heath, Birmingham, but settled in Aberystwyth and ran first the Fairfield guesthouse in Cliff Terrace and later Belmont, 60 Marine Terrace.
1. Jack Walford (depositor's father) at Aberystwyth seafront
2. Jack Walford and wife Dorothy on motorcycle and sidecar outside Fairfield
3. Jack Walford riding a motorcycle in Cliff Terrace
4. Misses' Walford business card (advertising Fairfield)
5. A woman (possibly Dorothy Walford) sitting on some rocks. Captioned 'Devil's Bridge, June 1930'
6. Ellen (on bike), Kate (in sidecar) and Jack (standing) outside Fairfield, June 1930
7. Jack Walford on motorcycle outside Fairfield, June 1930