Archifdy Ceredigion Archives
ADX/1745: Plays by Peter Leech
[GB 0212] ADX/1745Date(s):
6 itemsScope and Content:
Plays by Peter Leech and associated items.
Peter Leech worked at Llandysul Secondary Grammar School and lived in Newcastle Emlyn. Later he was Head of English at a Cardiff grammar school. 'A charming man and passionate about his subject and theatre'.
1. Hardcover notebook containing the manuscript of Old Noah's Almanack; A zoological interlude
by 'Piero' [Peter Leech] with author's note; 'a play never acted but written (when I was 19) and later won a University Eisteddfod award (1947?)'
2. Typescript of Saint George-on-Avon
(produced 1961). 'One Acter especially written for celebration of Shakespeare's Birthday (St. George's Day: April 23rd)'
3. Typescript of Squire Lubberly
(produced 1950) 'a shortened version of Moliere's M. de Porceaugnac set in 18th century West Wales'
4. Pen-and-watercolour drawing by Peter Leech of costumes for Squire Lubberly
13 November 1950
5. Llandysul Secondary Grammar School, Programme for the Annual Distribution of Prizes and Terminal Concert on 20 December 1950. Squire Lubberly
was performed at this occasion.
6. Notes by Peter Leech on the above and other plays. No date - they apparently accompanied the above items when they were sent to his colleague (who was the donor's uncle).