Archifdy Ceredigion Archives
Solicitors Deposits: William H Lewis, Llanarth
Acc. 24, 25Ref: D/WHLReference:
[GB 0212] D/WHLTitle:
Records relating to the Solicitor's practice of William Herbert Lewis, Llanarth.Date(s):
0.026m3Scope and Content:
Records relating to the Solicitor's practice of William Herbert Lewis, former Clerk to the Aberaeron Rural District Council, which were found among the records of that authority
1. Personal notepaper of William Herbert Lewis, of Gwynfryn, Llanarth.
2. Bank book and correspondence relating to Mr Evan Davies of Glyneryr, Talgarreg, whose solicitor was W. H. Lewis.
3. Remitted action in the County Court of Cardiganshire at Aberayron between John Davies and John Price to reopen and set aside settled accounts. Plaint no. G.66a. Brief for the defendant and other papers.
13 August 1927
4. Royal Exchange Assurance - agent's register.
5. The Monachty and Aberayron Estates -preliminary particulars of sale.
6. Catalogue of preliminary particulars of the Monachty and Aberayron Estates, Cardiganshire. Vendor - Albert Henry Jarrard of Coventry. (2 copies)
7. The Monachty and Aberayron Estates - sale catalogue.
8. Catalogue of the remaining portions of the Monachty and Aberayron Estates, Cardiganshire, with accompanying letter from the vendor.
9. Accounts of W.H. Lewis, solicitor.
10. Correspondence, copies of the Local Government Review and other publications and general notes.
11. Copies of court roll, surrenders, letters, receipts and other documents relating to copyhold property in the manor of Swineshead in the county of Huntingdon.(See separate list ‘Swineshead Manor’ under Estate Records for full catalogue entries for D/WHL/11)