Archifdy Ceredigion Archives
DB/58: Aberystwyth Electricity Supply
[GB 0212] DB/58Title:
Records of the introduction of the Aberystwyth Electricity SupplyDate(s):
0.013m3Scope and Content:
1. Aberystwyth Improvement and Water Act
2. Central Electricity Board tariff
3. Institution of Electrical Engineers templates of agreements with clients, guarantees etc.
4. Electricity Commission report on assisted wiring and on hiring of electrical apparatus.
5. 'Electricity File for 1932' containing letters and other material
6. 'Progress 1923-1931: Report to the North Wales and South Cheshire Joint Electricity Authority'. Illustrated.
7. Corporation of Aberystwyth - Electric Lighting. Report of Prof. Wm. Garnett.
8. The Wheatsheaf (magazine of the Cooperative Society). Contains report from a meeting at which electricity matters were discussed.
9. Electricity Undertaking, Change-Over Scheme: Report of May and Hawes, Consulting Engineers, to Aberystwyth Town Council. (2 copies)
10. Aberystwyth Electricity, Extension of Electricity Undertaking. Report of May and Hawes, Consulting Engineers, including estimates of cost and of financial results (2 copies)
11. Specification and form of tender for underground cables and accessories for the Aberystwyth Corporation, from May and Hawes, Consulting Engineers.
12. Specification and form of tender for direct current switchboard and cable connections at Aberystwyth for the Aberystwyth Corporation, from May and Hawes, Consulting Engineers.
13. May and Hawes, Consulting Engineers to Aberystwyth Corporation: Submission of proposals for extension of generating station at Aberystwyth. 2 copies
14. Aberystwyth Electricity Extension Scheme: Report of May and Hawes, Consulting Engineers, to Aberystwyth Town Council. 2 copies
15. Estimate for extensions to the existing engine house, erection of new switch room, cable store, meter room and sundry other works at the electricity works, Mill Street, Aberystwyth, prepared by May and Hawes, Consulting Engineers, for the Aberystwyth Corporation.
16. Plan: Extension to the Electricity Works, Aberystwyth. By R.E. Bonsall, Architect, Aberystwyth.
17. Letter and form of consent from the Town Clerk to residents of Penglais road, requesting their consent for the erection of temporary electricity pole on their properties in connection with the provision of electricity to Caemelyn Estate.
18. Borough Accountant's Report on Electricity Charges.
19. Approval of Disposal of Corporate Land by way of Exchange. Borough of Aberystwyth to the Chiswick Electricity Supply Corporation. With linen plan of area (near Mill Street).
20. Copy duplicate of Assignment of Powers etc. of the Aberystwyth Corporation under their Provisional order confirmed by the Electric Lighting Orders Confirmation (no. 2) Act 1892. The Mayor etc. of Aberystwyth to The Bourne and Grant Electricity Supply Co. Ltd.
21. Copy Notice. Corporation of Aberystwyth to The Chiswick Electricity Supply Corporation.
22. Table showing electricity consumed by offices etc. of the Aberystwyth Corporation in 1933.
23. Aberystwyth Corporation's correspondence re: electricity.