Archifdy Ceredigion Archives
DYC/ED/1: Documents concerning the Cellan School House
Acc. 50Ref: DYC/ED/1Reference:
[GB 0212] DYC/ED/1Title:
Documents concerning the Cellan School HouseDate(s):
7 itemsScope and Content:
1. Conveyance made between John Fowden, Esq., and Anne his wife, Bank Hall, Lampeter, co. Cardigan and Cellan School Board.
Premises - Half acre of land adjoining the road leading from Pentrefelin to Cellan Mountain, being part of the field called Penllain Field numbered 963 on the O.S. map co. Cardigan
4 March 1899
Endorsed with a memorandum of further sale, 1977. (see item 7)
2. Statutory declaration made by John Fowden, Esq., and Anne, his wife, Bank Hall, Lampeter, co. Cardigan.
Premises - Field called Penllain, numbered 963 on the O.S. map of the parish of Cellan, co. Cardigan.
4 March 1899
3. Fire Insurance Policy no. 3193816 with the Northern Assurance Company, 1, Moorgate street, London.
Premises insured - A private dwelling house- near the Board School at Cellan in the tenure of Hugh Roberts, Schoolmaster, for £300 at a premium of 4 shillings 9 pence insured by the School Board for the parish of Cellan, co. Cardigan
30 September 1903
4. Correspondence between Inland Revenue and M. Whitworth, Esq. Manager of the National Provincial Bank of England Ltd., Lampeter, relating to the School Board for Cellan and the purchase of land, under the Education Department Provisional Orders Confirmation Act 1898.
October - November 1900
5. Letter from the National Westminster Bank Limited to the Director of Education, Dyfed County Council, concerning the return to the Council of items 1-4 above.
4 December 1975
6. Epitome of Title. re:- Cellan School House, Ceredigion. Detailing the acquisition of the property by the Council, and that the Council does “not require the same as it is surplus to Education requirements.”
7. Copy Conveyance made between The Council of the County of Dyfed, and Anne Gaynor Jonathan of School House, Cellan.
Premises: the Cellan School House near Lampeter in the County of Dyfed.
21 February 1977