Archifdy Ceredigion Archives
Estate Records: Neuadd Trefawr

Acc. 877

Ref: Neuadd Trefawr

Reference: [GB 0212] Neuadd Trefawr
Title: Records of the Neuadd Trefawr (Noyadd Trefawr) Estate, Cardiganshire.
Date(s): 1744-1747
Level: Fonds
Extent: 0.056m3

Administrative History: The Neuadd Trefawr (Noyadd Trefawr) estate is situated in the parish of Llandygwyd, it was the home to the Parry, later Webley-Parry, later Webley-Parry-Pryse family. An extensive history of the family and estate can be found in the National Library of Wales catalogue for the main estate collection. Search for ‘Noyadd Trefawr Estate (Wales) Archives’ under Subject in the NLW Online Catalogue.

Source of Acquisition: Deposited in the Carmarthenshire Record Office by Mr P. D. G. Heneker, 21 November 1983, and transferred to the Cardiganshire Record Office by the County Archivist, Dyfed Archives, 24 February 1994.

Associated Material: The majority of the records from the Neuadd Trefawr (Noyadd Trefawr) estate are held at the National Library of Wales ([GB 0210] NOYAWR, Noyadd Trefawr Estate Records, 1395-1914, (predominantly 1530-1860)).

Scope and Content:

1. Pedigree Roll
Pedigree of David Thomas Parry, Esq., of Noyadd Tre-fawr, and his brothers, the sons of Thomas Parry ap Phillip. Compiled from manuscripts then in the possession of George Owen of Kemis, and now in the possession of his son, George Owen, York herald, and the descendants of the said David Parry.
The descent begins with Rees Chwith, temp Edward I, and ends with John (d.s.p. 1657) and Eleanor, the children of David Parry and Lettice his wife. The roll is illustrated with armorial bearings of the Parry family after 1657.

2-6. Maps of the Neuadd Trefawr Estate
2. Survey of the Noyadd Trefawr demesne, the property of David Parry, Esq. Surveyed by John Butcher. 1744.
3. Survey of the Noyadd Trefawr demesne, being part of the possessions of David Parry Esq. Surveyed by John Butcher, 1744.
4. Map of the tenements called Kors, in the parishes of Blaenporth and Llandugwth (Llandygwydd), and Blaenporth, Tre-wen, Esker Wilim, Pant-coch, Vron las, and Court-Clay, all in the parish of Blaenporth, belonging to David Parry, Esq.
Surveyed by John Butcher. 1747.
5. Copy of 4.
6. Map of lands called Troed-y-Rhiw, Pen-lan, and Foes-y-Cesseg, in the parish of Aberporth, belonging to David Parry, Esq.
Surveyed by John Butcher. 1747.

Website developed by Technoleg Taliesin