Search

 
 

Archifdy Ceredigion Archives
SCHOOL RECORDS



NB. Admissions registers and log books are closed for 100 years. Other school records are closed to the public for 30 years after the date at which they were made.

Acc. Various


Ref: POG

PONTGARREG (Llangranog) British, Council School

The 1905 report states that the school, a non-provided, British, mixed school, was erected in 1855 and rebuilt in 1901. There was accommodation for 178. In 1904 there were 129 on the books and average attendance was 97.

Pontgarreg School closed in July 2012 along with four other nearby primary schools: Penmorfa, Rhydlewis, Glynarthen and Blaenporth. All pupils were transferred to the newly-built Ysgol T. Llew Jones in Brynhoffnant.

School Records

Log books
1 October 1867-2 August 1907 " POG/1
16 September 1907-28 September 1949 " POG/2
30 September 1949-20 December 1985 " POG/3
4 March 1986-4 March 2005 " POG/4

Evening Continuation
7 November 1899-24 January 1924 " POG/E/1

Registers of enrolment and withdrawal
1872-1905 " POG/R/1
1944-2011 " POG/R/2

County Council Records

School brochure, 1983 DYC/ED/4

Questionnaire dated 1920 giving details of the school and its catchment area, with the headmaster’s opinions on local education, employment prospects and other local issues. CDC/ED/30, no. 63

School plans
1947 CDC/A/7/26

Miscellaneous

School photographs with a few pupils identified " early 20th century - ADX/1030
Hanes Ysgol Pontgarreg [History of Pontgarreg School] 1867-2012 gan/by Jon Meirion Jones (gol./ed/) " ADX/1367


Website developed by Technoleg Taliesin
Gweinyddu